Here's everything you might want to know about Apple's 2021 iPhone 13 series, including the iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max. On September 14, 2021, at 10 a.m. PDT, Apple announced the iPhone 13, and it started shipping soon after, on September 24.
We test and write about every phone we get. Below is a brief description of each iPhone 13 model.
- The iPhone 13 mini is the smallest iPhone coming out in 2021. However, it still has the same modern design with flat edges and great performance as the bigger models. See our review of the iPhone 13 mini for more information.
- The iPhone 13 is the middle model of the three for 2021. It has a 6.1-inch screen, a standard size, and the second-largest battery after the Pro Max. See our review of the iPhone 13 if you want to learn more about this model.
- The iPhone 13 Pro has one more camera and two gigabytes of RAM than the two models. It has a 120Hz refresh rate, making the screen smooth. This is the only iPhone 13 model besides the Pro Max with 1TB (1000 GB) storage. Find out more about it in our review of the iPhone 13 Pro.
- The iPhone 13 Pro Max has a 6.7-inch display and has a lot in common with the iPhone 13 Pro. Also, its battery is the biggest (4352 mAh).
What colors can you get the iPhone 13 in?
There may be more than one color for each iPhone 13 model. In particular, the colors of the iPhone 13 mini and iPhone 13 are different from the colors of the two Pro models. Here's a list
- iPhone 13 in Green
- iPhone 13 Pro in Alpine Green
- iPhone 13 / iPhone 13 mini in Sierra Blue
- iPhone 13 / iPhone 13 mini in Silver
- iPhone 13 / iPhone 13 mini in Pink
- iPhone 13 colors: all the official colors
- iPhone 13 / iPhone 13 mini in Blue
- iPhone 13 / iPhone 13 mini in Midnight
- iPhone 13 / iPhone 13 mini in Starlight
- iPhone 13 / iPhone 13 mini in Product Red
- iPhone 13 Pro / iPhone 13 Pro Max in Graphite
- iPhone 13 Pro / iPhone 13 Pro Max in Gold
How big is the iPhone 13's battery?
iPhone 13 mini’s battery is 2406 mAh, iPhone 13’s battery is 3327 mAh, iPhone 13 Pro’s battery is 3095 mAh, and iPhone 13 Pro Max’s battery is 4352 mAh.
- The iPhone 13 mini has 1.5 more hours than the iPhone 12 mini.
- The iPhone 13 lasts 2.5 hours longer than the iPhone 12.
- The iPhone 13 Pro has 1.5 more hours than the iPhone 12 Pro.
- The iPhone 13 Pro Max has 2.5 more hours of battery life than the iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Yes, this means that the iPhone 13 Pro Max's battery life is the longest of any iPhone ever made.
Do you know how to take care of an Apple phone? Aside from using it very carefully, you can always opt to put a protective case for iPhone 13 and other units.